Southwestern College


Click here to complete your application today!

CCPGNothing has changed except the name! The California College Promise Grant - CCPG - (formerly the BOG Fee Waiver) is a state funded program which is available to California Residents* who meet the specific income eligibility requirements. The program waives the current Enrollment Fee of $46 per unit.

Student Health fees, Student Center fees and parking fees may be reduced or waived under qualifying CCPG standards (refer to "Types of CCPG" listed below).

The CCPG will be in effect for the entire academic year which includes the (Summer, Fall and Spring) terms.

There are no minimum or maximum unit requirements for the program. 
*California Residency status is determined by the SWC Admissions/Registrar’s Department.

Eligibility: To determine student eligibility for the CCPG the Southwestern College Financial Aid Department will use the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADA) and will automatically award those students who are eligible and who have registered for classes.  Students who have not completed either of these applications must fill out the CCPG Application in order to determine if they are eligible.

Important! Starting Fall 2016, there were important eligibility changes to the CCPG/BOGFW program. Students who are placed on academic and/or progress probation or Disqualified (DQ) in two consecutive primary terms (Fall/Spring) will lose eligibility for CCPG at the next registration opportunity. Click here for an information sheet about loss of fee waiver and enrollment priority. 

How do you regain eligibility?

If you lose eligibility for the CCPG, you will be notified within 30 days of losing eligibility. You have several options to regain eligibility:

  • Improve your GPA or course completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards
  • "Sit out" by not attending SWC for two consecutive primary terms (fall/spring semesters).
  • Successfully appeal the loss of CCPG by completing a CCPG Appeal Form and submitting it to the Financial Aid Office

Types of CCPGs

CCPG Method “A”

Students or their parent(s) must be currently receiving TANF/CalWorks, SSI/SSP, or General Assistance Benefits. To receive a CCPG-A, the student is required to show verification of Benefits and it must be dated within 60 days of the CCPG application date. Students who are eligible for a CCPG-A will have their Enrollment, Health and Student Center Fees Waived, and the Parking Permit Fee will be reduced.

CCPG Method “B”

Students and/or their Parent(s) must meet the household size and income standards established each year by the State of California. Students who are eligible for a CCPG-B will have their Enrollment Fees waived, and the Parking Permit will be reduced. Method-B does not  waive the Health Fees.

CCPG Method “C”

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADA, for eligible AB540 students that meet CADA criteria). Southwestern College will use the results to determine student eligibility for the CCPG and will award those students who are enrolled and determined to have a minimum financial need of at least $1104. Students who are eligible for a CCPG-C will have their Enrollment Fee waived and the Parking Permit Fee reduced. Method-C does not waive the Heath Fees.

Special Classifications:

You are eligible for a CCPG if you are a dependent of a qualified Veteran, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, Victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack, or deceased Law Enforcement/Fire personnel killed in the line of duty. Verification of eligibility from the appropriate agency is required. Students who are eligible for a special classification BOGFW will only have their enrollment fees waived.

AB540 Students:

Under AB131, students who are registered as AB540 students are entitled to apply for a CCPG and should complete the CCPG application at the link above. For students needing to qualify under the CCPG-C, students with a valid SSN should complete the FAFSA application and students without a valid SSN should complete the California Dream Application. For more information on AB540 eligibility and the California Dream Act, please click here.

For more information, visit the SWC Financial Aid Office located in the Cesar E. Chavez Student Services Building, First Floor.

Last updated: 7/23/2018 11:34:50 AM