Hospitality and tourism is a dynamic and growing industry in San Diego County with many opportunities and career paths for individuals who desire to advance and gain excellent positions in the field. While the field has many facets including recreation and entertainment, it is often divided into four key areas: event and convention planning; travel and tourism; hotel operations; and culinary arts. The School of Business and Technology provides programs for employment training in all four areas at both the entry and management levels.
The School of Business and Technology has designed both a basic and an advanced certificate to allow students to enter or to advance in the industry. In addition to these career training programs, a transfer program, Hospitality and Tourism Management, has been developed for students who desire to transfer to four-year institutions including San Diego State University.
Degrees & Certificates
Associate in Science Degree: Career/Technical
- Culinary Arts - Food Services Management
- Event and Convention Management
- Hotel Operations Management;
- Travel and Tourism Management
Certificates of Achievement
- Culinary Arts - Food Services Management - Basic
- Culinary Arts - Food Services Management - Advanced
- Event and Convention Management - Basic
- Event and Convention Management - Advanced
- Hotel Operations Management - Basic
- Hotel Operations Management - Advanced
- Travel and Tourism Management - Basic
- Travel and Tourism Management - Advanced
Career opportunities exist at marketing agencies and organizations, cruise ships, bakeries, restaurants, catering establishments, hotels, convention and meeting centers, recreation and sports centers, and casinos as well as for entrepreneurs.
Gail Stockin, M.A. Department Chair
Phone: (619) 421-6700 x5360
Gainful Employment Disclosure