Now Open! Room 554/Chula Vista Campus
The SWC Child Development Center, Family Studies Department and Associated Student Organization (ASO) began the Jag Kitchen Food Pantry to assist students facing food insecurity. Now, a campus wide effort, the Jag Kitchen is a safe and judgement-free zone that can be used by currently enrolled SWC students needing assistance.
The Jag Kitchen is located in Room 554 on the Chula Vista campus. Donations are accepted at the SWC Child Development Center Bldg. 2000 & Room 554, year-round. Donation items are available here. Monetary donations are also accepted and much appreciated.
- SWC Students with a valid SWC identification card.
- No eligibility forms or proof of income is necessary.
- Sign in with a Jag Kitchen volunteer.
- A satisfaction survey and SWC information will be sent to you via email.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9am - 10:30am, 1pm - 2pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 10:30am
- Wednesday: 9am - 10:30am
- Thursday: 9am - 10:30am, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Friday - Sunday: Closed
- Self-serve breakfast bar: Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30am-10:30am
- Upon request: Boxed & canned items along with fresh produce may be available to take home.
(Hours/days subject to change; depending on availability of food and supplies)
Find the Jag Kitchen on Facebook.
Online donations for the Jag Kitchen
Send via mail to:
Southwestern College Foundation
Attn: Jag Kitchen / Food Pantry
900 Otay Lakes Rd., Rm. 100D
Chula Vista, CA 91910
In the News
For more information on how you can volunteer or find help for a student:
Food Insecurity Planning Committee