Petition to Change Priority Registration Status

Students who lose enrollment priority status may file a petition with documentation if one of the following situations applies. Students may obtain the petition at the Admissions office or download it in PDF format.

Extenuating Circumstances
Loss of priority enrollment status due to extenuating circumstances. (Extenuating circumstances are verified cases of accidents, illnesses or other circumstances beyond the control of the student.) Examples of documentation include: medical records, police reports, court documents, etc.
Students with Disabilities
Academic Accommodations:
Those who had applied for academic accommodations, but did not receive reasonable accomodations in a timely manner. Examples of documentation include: accommodations form.
Those who are authorized for priority enrollment
Those who are authorized for priority enrollment as a DSS-authorized academic accommodation and are making progress toward their academic goal. Examples of documentation include: accommodations form
Students who have demonstrated significant academic improvement
Those who are defined as achieving no less than the minimum grade point average and progress standards, and have improved in recent semesters. Examples of documentation include: transcript that shows academic improvement in an minimum of two semesters
Students who are enrolled in high-unit majors or in the categories listed below
Students who became ineligible due to accumulated units from Advanced Placement, 2+2, or Credit by Examination
Honors Students
Honors students who have no other available opportunity for honor addendums, based on their academic goal. Examples of documentation include: honors addendum contracts for the completion of at least 15 semester units and Student Education Plan (SEP). (Inability to work around class schedule is not a valid reason for taking an honors addendum)
Final semester before degree certificate and/or transfer completion
Student is within the final semester of degree, certificate, and/or transfer completion. Student Education Plan (SEP) and updated transcript must show only the remaining classes before graduation. Documentation: complete chart of courses needed.

Enrollment Priorities