Accreditation at Southwestern College
Southwestern College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC). Accredited colleges are recognized by the United States Department of Education (DOE) as providing educational programs, services, and training that meet acceptable levels of quality.
The accreditation process assists colleges in improving institutional effectiveness to ensure colleges offer high quality educational programs and services. During the 2015-2021 Accreditation Cycle, Southwestern College continues its focus on providing the community with high quality educational programs and services. Areas of particular focus include:
- Supporting Student Learning Outcome (SLO) assessment and the use of SLO results to make improvements
- Bolstering Distance Education (DE) offerings and services
- Maintaining an environment that promotes inclusivity, civility, and diversity
Southwestern College has maintained its accredited status since it opened in 1961.
2015-2021 Accreditation Cycle Documents
For the best viewing experience, please use Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- ACCJC Accreditation Certificate 2017
- Letter Reaffirming Accreditation Status
- Southwestern College Follow Up Visit Team Report_04_07_2017
- Southwestern College Accreditation Supplemental Report
- Southwestern College Follow Up Accreditation Report March 2017
- AOC GB status report 3-1-17
- Southwestern College Accreditation Summary Sheet 6.1.2017-Final
- Accreditation Workgroups Updated Nov 2016
- Southwestern College Statement of Accredited Status_October 24 2016
- 2016-JUN Southwestern College Amended Team Report Incorporating Commission Revisions
- 2016-FEB Action Letter
- 2016-FEB Team Report
- 2015-JUL Self Evaluation Report
- 2015-JUL Appendix of Evidence - Self Evaluation Report
- 2015-JUL Supplemental Guidelines for Standard IIID
- 2015-SEPT Self Evaluation Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness in Support of Reaffirmation of Accreditation - Supplemental Report
- 2015-SEPT Evidence - Self Evaluation Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness in Support of Reaffirmation of Accreditation - Supplemental Report
For questions or comments related to accreditation at Southwestern College, please contact Linda L. Gilstrap, Accreditation Liaison Officer, at email@example.com or (619) 216-6614. Students and members of the public who desire to file a formal complaint to the ACCJC about Southwestern College can view complaint requirements and processes at the following website, http://www.accjc.org/complaint-process.
The ACCJC is located at 10 Commercial Blvd, Ste 204, Novato, CA 94949, and can be contacted by phone at (415) 506-0234.