Are you participating in Commencement Ceremony 2024?
If you think you are ready to graduate, or have 45 or more units, you are strongly encouraged to see your counselor for a graduation review. This will help determine how close you are to completing your course of study and if you are ready to submit your petition. For a more detailed information if you are eligible to graduate, please visit the Evaluations website, click here.
Three Steps to do to Participate in the Ceremony
- STEP #1: PETITION to graduate through the Evaluations website, www.swccd.edu/evaluations.
Petition Dates: Fall: July 1 - October 31
Spring: November 1 - February 28
Summer: March 1 - June 30 (if participating in the May Commencement Ceremony, deadline is May 10th)
- STEP #2: REGISTER to participate in the ceremony. Registration starts March 15 to April 15. Students eligible to participate will receive an email invite to attend the ceremony with the link to register.
- STEP #3: ATTEND Gradfest. Student MUST attend Gradfest to confirm attendance to the ceremony. Gradfest provides all information students need to know about the ceremony, i.e. where to go, what to do, etc. Gradfest dates are available below and students are not required to stay the entire time. Gradfest process only takes about 15-20 minutes.
|April 16, 2024 – Tuesday||HEC - Otay Mesa||10am - 1pm|
|April 17, 2024 – Wednesday||HEC - San Ysidro||10am - 1pm|
|April 18, 2024 - Thursday||HEC - National City||10am - 1pm|
|April 23, 24, 25* – Tue, Wed, Thurs||Chula Vista Campus Bookstore||10am - 6pm|
*A Professional photographer will be available at the Chula Vista Campus Bookstore to take professional photos of you, and/or with your friends. No sitting fees. The bookstore will also be selling commencement items such as stoles, announcements, diploma/picture frames, and unique gifts.
Starting May 1, 2024, students can check out the ASO Cap & Gown Lending Program. Eligible students with financial need must fill out this form. Upon verification of eligibility, student will be emailed as to when Cap & Gown are ready for pick up from the Office of Student Activities, Rm. 62A-114.
Commencement Q&A Sessions
Happening every Monday 12pm-1pm starting March 11, 2024 . Find answers to any COMMENCEMENT related questions...Commencement Q&A sessions via Zoom ID No. 6464123131
For more information, please check out these Commencement 2024 flyers.
For any Commencement Ceremony related questions, please contact Jenny Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any Degree or Diploma related questions, please contact the Evaluations Office, email@example.com
Binational/Fronterizo Commencement Ceremony in Tijuana
For the first time this year, Southwestern College is pleased to celebrate our class of 2023 with a ceremony in Tijuana, Mexico, at Preparatoria Federal Lazaro Cardenas (PFLC).
- Eligibility: If you are eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony at the Chula Vista Campus, you can also participate in the Ceremony in Tijuana.
- Location: TBC
- Date: Thursday, June 13, 2024
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Guests: Participating students will receive a link to the online reservation system to secure tickets. Students may reserve tickets for as many guests as they wish.
- Transportation: All students and their guests are responsible for their own transportation, to and
from Preparatoria Federal Lazaro
Cardenas (PFLC). SWC will not provide transportation.
- Parking: Each student will receive 1-2 parking passes for PFLC Parking Lot. Public and street parking will be available in the surrounding areas.
- Can I attend the event in Tijuana only? No, we recommend attending both graduation ceremonies (Chula Vista and Tijuana).
- Cap and Gown: Students will use the same cap and gown at the Chula Vista and Tijuana ceremonies.
- Diploma Presenters: SWC President and Governing Board members will be there to present your diploma to you.
- Is the ceremony open to the public? Yes, SWC students and other guests may attend.
For questions about the Binational/Fronterizo Commencement Ceremony in Tijuana, please contact Joel Pilco, firstname.lastname@example.org