The 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, 27 May, 2022 in the DeVore Stadium.
There will be two (2) Commencement Ceremonies on May 27th, one at 9am and another at 5pm. The ceremony the graduates are attending is determined by their major/degree/program. Students must Petition to graduate first, then they will be invited to register to participate in the ceremony if they choose to.
This year, due to Covid-19, please read the college's Covid-19 protocol, which is as follows:
All graduates participating in Southwestern College's 2022 Commencement must be vaccinated and submit vaccination documentation upon registration. Vaccination is defined as the complete set of vaccines in the series e.g. Pfizer and Moderna- 1st, and 2nd dose, Johnson & Johnson-1st dose.
Graduates will be provided with masks, however, wearing them is highly recommended, but not required.
Students With Exemptions
Graduates who cannot get vaccinated due to a religious or medical exemption must provide a negative Covid 19 test 48 hours (May 25th) prior to the 2022 graduation ceremony. The link to upload your negative Covid test will be emailed to students separately.
Checking of vaccination cards or Covid-19 negative results will no longer be implemented or required at the entrances.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, with individuals over 65 years of age and with underlying medical conditions being especially vulnerable. By attending an athletic event on the College campus, the individual assumes all risks related to exposure to COVID-19
- The danger of exposure to the coronavirus that causes Covid-19 exists.
- By entering the facility, you take responsibility for your own protection.
- Do not enter the facility if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, new loss/change in taste or smell, or have recently tested positive for COVID-19
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between you and other people who are not part of your household.
- Wear a face covering at all times when you are not in your seat.
- Please practice social distancing and we recommend wearing masks in restrooms and while waiting in line.
Please do not enter the commencement ceremony if you answer yes to any of the questions below.
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
2. Are you isolating or quarantining because either you were told you should by a health official, or you tested positive for COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
3. Have you been in close physical contact in the last 14 days with anyone known to have a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 test or anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms as described in question 1?
4. Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
Jenny Davis is holding a Commencement Q&A Zoom sessions for students for any Commencement related questions.
The Zoom ID No. is: 6464123131
May 12, 2022 : Friday 12pm – 1pm
May 16, 2022 : Monday 12pm – 1pm
May 17, 2022 : Tuesday 5pm – 6pm
Please email Jenny Davis at email@example.com.
Here is the Commencement Information Flyer to provide details on Commencement.
Congratulations, 2021 Graduates!
To watch some or all of the commencement ceremony and other coverage, make a selection below.