SWC Commencement Ceremony 2023
The 62nd Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 26, 2023 at the DeVore Stadium.
- School of Business & Technology
- School of Wellness, Exercise Science, & Athletics
- Major/Program/Degree from HEC Otay Mesa
- Major/Program/Degree from HEC National City
- Major/Program/Degree from HEC San Ysidro
- School of Mathematics, Science, & Engineering
- School of Language, Literature, & Humanities
- School of Arts, Communication, & Social Science
Three Steps to Participate in the Ceremony
- Student must PETITION to graduate through the Evaluations website, www.swccd.edu/evaluations
- Student must REGISTER to participate in the ceremony. Registration starts March 15, 2023 to April 15, 2023. Students eligible to participate will receive an email invite to attend the ceremony.
- Student must ATTEND Gradfest. Student can pick from any of these Gradfest dates below.
|April 18 – Tue||HEC San Ysidro||10am - 2pm|
|April 19 – Wed||HEC National City||10am - 2pm|
|May 3 - Wed||HEC Otay Mesa||11:30am - 1:30pm|
|April 25, 26, 27* – Tue, Wed, Thurs||Chula Vista Campus Bookstore||10am - 6pm|
*A Professional photographer will be available at the Chula Vista Campus Bookstore to take professional photos of you, and/or with your friends. No sitting fees. The bookstore will also be selling commencement items such as stoles, announcements, diploma/picture frames, and unique gifts.
Starting May 1, 2023, students can check out the ASO Cap & Gown Lending Program. Eligible students with financial need must fill out this form. Upon verification of eligibility, student will be emailed as to when Cap & Gown are ready for pick up from the Office of Student Activities, Rm. 62A-114.
Commencement Q&A Sessions
For any COMMENCEMENT related questions, please attend one of the Commencement Q&A sessions via Zoom ID No. 6464123131:
|February 22||12pm - 1pm|
|March 7||5pm - 6pm|
|March 23||12pm - 1pm|
|April 6||12pm - 1pm|
|April 17||5pm - 6pm|
|May 1, 8, 15||12pm-1pm|
For more information, please check out these Commencement 2023 flyers.
For any Commencement Ceremony related questions, please contact Jenny Davis, email@example.com.
For any Degree or Diploma related questions, please contact the Evaluations Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Affinity Group Graduation Information
Binational/Fronterizo Commencement Ceremony in Tijuana
For the first time this year, Southwestern College is pleased to celebrate our class of 2023 with a ceremony in Tijuana, Mexico, at Preparatoria Federal Lazaro Cardenas (PFLC).
- Eligibility: If you are eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony at the Chula Vista Campus, you can also participate in the Ceremony in Tijuana.
- Location: Preparatoria Federal Lazaro Cardenas
- Date: June 15, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Guests: Participating students will receive a link to the online reservation system to secure tickets. Students may reserve tickets for as many guests as they wish.
- Transportation: All students and their guests are responsible for their own transportation, to and
from Preparatoria Federal Lazaro
Cardenas (PFLC). SWC will not provide transportation.
- Parking: Each student will receive 1-2 parking passes for PFLC Parking Lot. Public and street parking will be available in the surrounding areas.
- Can I attend the event in Tijuana only? No, we recommend attending both graduation ceremonies (Chula Vista and Tijuana).
- Cap and Gown: Students will use the same cap and gown at the Chula Vista and Tijuana ceremonies.
- Diploma Presenters: SWC President and Governing Board members will be there to present your diploma to you.
- Is the ceremony open to the public? Yes, SWC students and other guests may attend.
For questions about the Binational/Fronterizo Commencement Ceremony in Tijuana, please contact Joel Pilco, email@example.com