Welcome to online learning at SWC!
|LOG IN TO BLACKBOARD
LOG IN TO CANVAS
Need help? Contact the Online Learning Center:
- Call (619) 482-6595, Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-4 :00 p.m;
- Email OnlineLearning@swccd.edu with a specific question.
- Visit Room L103 (first floor of the Library building), Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m for Blackboard and Canvas open lab and support;
- Canvas course content migration can be provided by appointment or go the (website with training)
- To place a request for support in Canvas or Blackboard please go to the Service Now portal at swccd.service-now.com/sp. Here you will find a set of categories that will assist you in locating the correct support service and creating a trouble ticket. Provide a thorough description of your issue and we will work to resolve it as soon as possible! For online learning concerns, select "online learning" on the right-hand side of the Service Now page.
- Blackboard: Call 1-888-556-6718, Monday-Friday 4:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. and weekends
- Canvas: Call 1-844-629-6835, 24 hours/7 days a week
Is my Course on Blackboard or Canvas?
If you are uncertain as to whether your course(s) is on Blackboard or Canvas, consult the following documents:
Online Learning Orientations
These free orientations to online learning, Blackboard and Canvas are not mandatory, but they are highly recommended if you are new to online learning. Please contact the library for availability.
Campus orientations are held in Room L244 on the Southwestern College Chula Vista campus, across from the library entrance. If you aren't sure how to get to the SWC Library, check out the Southwestern College Campus Map.
If you are taking a course in Canvas this semester, you have the option to attend an online orientation! These sessions will use ConferZoom videoconferencing. No account is needed; just use the link to go to the Zoom orientation site a few minutes before your orientation's start time, download if prompted, and join the meeting. To arrange live captioning, email firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours in advance.Please review Online Learning Orientations - Fall 2017 to learn the dates of scheduled orientations.
If you aren’t able to attend a live orientation, you can watch a video version of both the Canvas and Blackboard orientations--just visit our Orientations page.
Student Readiness Tutorials
Are you ready to learn online? Check out the OEI Online Student Readiness Modules! These fun, interactive tutorials will introduce you to online learning and the academic and technical skills you need to thrive in this new environment. You will find a few handy calculators here as well.
Canvas Training Opportunities for Faculty
Did you know that Southwestern College is offering training in Canvas and in migrating course content from Blackboard to Canvas? Visit MySWC, MyLearningPlan and search for Canvas to find the latest training dates, times and locations. We regularly add new training dates, so visit often!