Welcome to online learning at SWC!
|LOG IN TO BLACKBOARD
LOG IN TO CANVAS
Need help? Contact the Online Learning Center:
- Call (619) 482-6595, Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m; Fridays by appointment only
- Email OnlineLearning@swccd.edu
- Visit Room L103 (first floor of the Library building), Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m; Fridays by appointment only
- Blackboard: Call 1-888-556-6718, Monday-Friday 4:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. and weekends
- Canvas: Call 1-844-629-6835, 24 hours/7 days a week
Online Learning Orientations
These free orientations to online learning, Blackboard and Canvas are not mandatory, but they are highly recommended if you are new to online learning. Please contact the library for availability.
Campus orientations are held in Room L244 on the Southwestern College Chula Vista campus, across from the library entrance. If you aren't sure how to get to the SWC Library, check out the Southwestern College Campus Map.
If you are taking a course in Canvas this semester, you have the option to attend an online orientation! These sessions will use ConferZoom videoconferencing. No account is needed; just use the link to go to the Zoom orientation site a few minutes before your orientation's start time, download if prompted, and join the meeting. To arrange live captioning, email email@example.com 72 hours in advance.
If you aren’t able to attend a live orientation, you can watch a video version of both the Canvas and Blackboard orientations--just visit our Orientations page.
Student Readiness Tutorials
Are you ready to learn online? Check out the OEI Online Student Readiness Modules! These fun, interactive tutorials will introduce you to online learning and the academic and technical skills you need to thrive in this new environment. You will find a few handy calculators here as well.