VACCINATIONS REQUIRED prior to enrollment into all in person courses
SWC Returns: Safe Reopening Plan, please view more information on student in person face to face classroom requirements.
Course Number: AJ 66-350
College Credit: 6 Units
ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Next Tentative Date: Start: October 5, 2021 End: October 27, 2021 (dates subject to change)
- Accepting Applications Starting: June 14, 2021
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
- Meeting Days/Times: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 0700-1600
Those eligible for the course must have successfully completed a California Basic Course or eligibility requirements listed below. The entry document links below must be downloaded and completed. The "STEPS TO APPLY" document link includes steps to apply under COVID-19 and a detailed checklist of entry required documents on page 3, please read this document first, before applying.
- STEPS TO APPLY
- Requalification Course Information/Cost for California Resident
- Requalification Course Information/Cost for Out-of-State Residents
- Ammunition Purchase Authorization Program
- Program Entry Application (PDF Form)
- Firearm Questionnaire (PDF Form)
- Criminal Justice Clearance Records Request Instructions
- DOJ - Request for Live Scan Service (PDF Form)
- Medical Release (PDF Form)
- Map and Directions to Training Center (PDF)
Click this link to download Acrobat Reader you will need it to complete some of the fillable forms.
This POST-certified, 144-hour minimum course serves two purposes:
- Three-Year Requalification* This course is available to individuals who have successfully completed a POST-certified Regular or Specialized Investigators' Basic Course, the Basic Course Waiver (BCW) process, or who have been awarded a POST Basic Certificate and have a three-year or longer break in service.
- Basic Course Waiver Examination (BCWE)
After an evaluation has been approved by POST, this course may be completed to meet the examination requirements for the BCW process, which consists of written and skill components.
*Six-Year Exception: Individuals who successfully completed a Regular Basic Course (RBC), Specialized Investigators' Basic Course (SIBC), or the Basic Course Waiver process on or after July 1, 1999 but who never served in a position for which a Regular or Specialized Investigators' Basic Course was required by law, may requalify by completing the POST Requalification Course one time within six years from the date of basic course or waiver process completion. After six years, those individuals must complete the appropriate basic course (RBC or SIBC) to requalify, regardless of when the Requalification Course was completed.
The Requalification Course includes portions of the Basic Course, which are:
- Most likely to rapidly change;
- Critical manipulative skills related to officer safety or civil liability in areas which persons are most likely to experience reduced proficiency; and
- Other related critical subjects.
Training Center Location:
Southwestern College Police Academy at HECOM, 8100 Gigantic Street, San Diego, CA 92154. For more information, contact the Police Academy Office via email at email@example.com