The Spring 2023 is right around the corner and we want you to be prepared. Once the session begins, you must obtain an add code from an instructor to add a class. Please follow these helpful instructions to add your class(es).
Using Add Codes to Register for Courses
You only have to enter an add code to register in the course if the class has started, and the instructor gave you an add code.
- Log on to the search for classes page
- Verify you are signed into the system. If you are "guest" please sign in.
- Search for the classes you have received an add code or visit the Register/Drop classes page.
- On the Plan and Schedule page click the blue arrow to the semester you want to register in
- To register for classes using an add code, you will need to select the blue register button per course OR select the Register Now button at the top right.
- You will be prompted to enter your add code for one or more courses.
- Select submit when you enter the code.
- You will be notified of successful registration when the course status changes from Planned to Registered.
Registration Support: Individual in-person or virtual registration support is available anytime during our operating hours. Drop by for assistance. Virtual Lobby hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Summer In-Person Support hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays) at the Chula Vista campus (900 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA 91910, Building 68-101, Cesar Chavez Student Services Building
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with the latest news about registration support at SWC_Outreach
Are you ready to register for classes at Southwestern College? Take a look at the step-by-step guide and video below to learn how to register for classes!
Please note, registration is only available during specified periods - check out Important Dates & Deadlines.
Register on MySWC
Login to MySWC and find the WebAdvisor on MySWC section - follow the steps below:
- Select the Registration menu in the "WebAdvisor for Students" accordion.
- Follow the Register for Classes link.
- Follow the Search and Register for Classes link.
- Select the Term/Semester you want to register classes in.
- Select/enter your search options using the search box or by filling out the boxes.
- Press the Search button to see the search results.
- Select the Open/Waitlisted courses you want to enroll in.
- Press the Add button.
- Select the Add Section button.
- Select Register/Drop Classes link to access your schedule.
- Select Register as the "Action" for each course you want to enroll in.
- Successful registration is specified when course status changes from Planned to Registered.
Important Note: if you haven't registered for classes recently, you may need to Apply to SWC first!
For additional detailed instructions, download the PDF above and/or watch the video below.
Check out the "Student Registration Through MySWC" video below to learn how to register for classes!