Students who have submitted an application to a California State University and have indicated they are receiving an AA-T or AS-T degree from a California Community College, must have their degree status confirmed electronically (eVerified).
If you have applied to the CSU system and are completing the requirements for your AA-T or AS-T degree at Southwestern College, you must submit a Petition for Graduation when you are complete or enrolled in your final required classes. (Awarding of a degree is not automatic.)
Important Deadlines for eVerify Students
- For Spring CSU Applicants with a declared AA-T or AS-T degree, you must apply for Fall graduation at Southwestern College by October 1st.*
- For Fall CSU Applicants with a declared AA-T or AS-T degree, you must apply for Spring graduation at Southwestern College by February 1st.*
If you petition for an AA-T or AS-T degree that differs from your CSU application, you will receive an email verification of your graduation status. It is your responsibility to provide this verification directly to your CSU.
All official transcripts from other colleges/universities must be sent directly to Southwestern College Admissions Office, whether or not it is needed for the AA-T or AS-T degree.
If applicable, AP, CLEP, or IB scores needed for graduation must also be sent to Southwestern College Admissions Office.
If your petition for graduation is denied, you must submit another petition for a subsequent semester after any missing coursework or documentation has been completed.
Twenty-eight Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT) are offered at Southwestern College and all are fully aligned with bachelor’s degree programs in the California State University (CSU) system:
- Administration of Justice for Transfer
- Anthropology for Transfer
- Art History for Transfer
- Business Administration for Transfer
- Child & Adolescent Development for Transfer
- Communications Studies for Transfer
- Computer Science for Transfer
- Economics for Transfer
- Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer
- English for Transfer
- Film, Television & Media Arts for Transfer
- Geography for Transfer
- Geology for Transfer
- History for Transfer
- Journalism for Transfer
- Kinesiology for Transfer
- Mathematics Studies for Transfer
- Music for Transfer
- Nutrition & Dietetics for Transfer
- Philosophy for Transfer
- Physics for Transfer
- Political Science for Transfer
- Psychology for Transfer
- Social Work & Human Services for Transfer
- Sociology for Transfer
- Spanish for Transfer
- Studio Arts for Transfer
- Theatre Arts for Transfer
Note: Deadlines subject to change