Spring 2021 Icon

Spring Registration is Open

Register for Spring 2021 - Classes Begin February 1st

Class Schedule

Transfer of Credit

Southwestern college grants credit for college units earned at any regionally accredited post-secondary institution (e.g. Western Association of Schools and Colleges), other than coursework identified by such institutions as non-degree level coursework. Southwestern College will honor articulation agreements made with other post-secondary institutions. Coursework deemed to be equivalent in scope and content to coursework taught at Southwestern College is determined by the Evaluations Office in consultation with the appropriate Dean and/or faculty. Credits transferred from institutions on the quarter system will be converted to semester credits by multiplying quarter-unit totals by two-thirds. All credit summaries will be completed upon a student petitioning for graduation or through consultation with a Counselor. In the ares of mathematics and foreign language, credit will not be granted for a lower level course completed after the higher level course.

Students who wish to receive credit towards their degree at Southwestern College for coursework taken at an accredited foreign institution must have their foreign transcripts evaluated by a foreign transcript evaluation service (preferably the International Education Research Foundation - IERF).

SWC Governing Board Policy #6027.

Foreign Degree Evaluations

If you have a degree from a college or university outside the United States, your transcript will need to be evaluated by an approved NACES agency.

You are encouraged to see an academic counselor before starting this process.