Upon completion of the dental hygiene program, the graduate will:
- Have successfully completed coursework and deemed eligible for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination
- Have successfully completed all clinical coursework necessary for eligibility for application to a state or regional clinical examination.
- Have successfully completed all coursework applicable to ethics or law examinations for state licensure.
- Have successfully completed all coursework for graduation and is eligible to meet requirements that lead to a license for dental hygiene practice.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Prepare the student for successful application of dental hygiene information and case material using deductive and critical reasoning to achieve a minimum of 75% on the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination.
2. Assess patient health information and oral hygiene needs, coordinate dental hygiene treatment based on the dental hygiene process of care, and demonstrate entry-level clinical skills eligible for state/ regional licensing examinations.