Hours for Monday, March 16 through Thursday, March 19:
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note: Student services departments may be closed which can limit the information counselors can provide during campus remote operations.
Welcome to Ask A Counselor.
Chat live with a Counselor on Cranium Café using your MySWC login! This service allows you to experience a face to face drop-in session in an online environment using your webcam and microphone. Find an counselor online and click on the “Knock on Door” button to start.
We recommend the following to use this service:
- Know your MySWC login. If you do not have a login or SWC ID, please apply to the college.
- Use compatible devices: desktop, laptop, tablet, Android**, Windows OS, MAC OS.
- Use compatible browsers: Chrome & Firefox with strong and stable internet connection.
- Use this service in a quiet and private environment.
- Test your device using the "Pre-meeting Check" below.
** Mobile Android devices are compatible, but we cannot guarantee the quality of your online session. Unfortunately, Apple mobile products (iPhone, iPad) are not compatible with Cranium Café and cannot be used at this time.
"Ask A Counselor" can answer questions regarding:
- transferability of Southwestern College courses
- college procedures and academic policies
- certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- course prerequisites
- course offerings and course content
- referral to other programs/services
"Ask A Counselor" cannot answer questions pertaining to:
- personal counseling
- career counseling
- other college transcript evaluation
- degree completion check
- questions that violate FERPA guidelines
Click the image below to test your device.