The Southwestern College Foundation (SWCF) exists solely for the benefit of Southwestern College and awards approximately $60,000 per year for campus activities/organizations through the Foundation’s Mini Grant Program.
The purpose of the Foundation Mini Grant program is to provide funding to college programs, organizations and associations that enhance the educational experience of Southwestern College students.
The program shall provide broad and flexible guidelines to mini grant applicants within a fair and equitable application, evaluation and selection process.
Goals of the program
- Encourage and motivate students to continue in their studies as a result of the enhanced educational experience funded by the mini grant program.
- Develop leadership and resource development skills of mini grant applicants
- Create immediate and long-term opportunities for engagement and participation with the Southwestern College Foundation
- Recognize and support campus programs and organizations
- Create a partnership between college programs, organizations and association and the Southwestern College Foundation
- Promote the impact of funded programs to the Foundation, Governing Board and broader community.
|Application Opens||Grant Seeker Workshop||Application Deadline||Award Notification|
|August 24, 2021||11 am September 2, 2021||September 10, 2021||October 1, 2021|
IMPORTANT CHANGE: The foundation offers only one mini-grant cycle each year. This will be the only opportunity to apply for foundation funding for activities during the 2021-22 Academic Year.
A Grant Seeker Workshop will be held to provide technical assistance to anyone who plans on submitting a mini grant application. Register on Eventbrite to reserve your spot.
Applicants must be a college department, program, student or staff organization. Funding categories will include:
- Conference Attendance
- Foundation will fund either speaker fees or speaker expenses, but not both.
- Speakers receiving any funding support from a foundation mini grant will not be allowed to sell any product or service during their work on the funded project.
- Equipment, not otherwise funded by general fund, Perkins or other funding stream.
- College Tours
- College Event Sponsorship
- Promotional Items and Food/Refreshments
- Other projects that demonstrate an enhanced educational experience for students
Funding requests are competitive and not guaranteed. The Foundation will consider funding requests of $5,000 or less. Funding requests must demonstrate an effort to access additional funding through fundraising, other district funding sources and/or other external funders.
Note: Mini-Grant applications for equipment will be considered only if the application provides documentation that funding was first requested through a college department.