Be an Inspiration
Prepares students for employment in the fitness industry by combining a science-based academic foundation with an application of skill. Learn the scientific principles of exercise and physical conditioning, techniques of exercise leadership with groups and individuals, assessment and establishment of healthy behaviors, nutrition and the designing of safe, effective and personalized exercise plans for a variety of clients.
Learn More. Earn More.
As the nation continues to embrace a healthier lifestyle, the fitness industry has a growing demand for fitness specialists in health clubs, fitness studios and sports medicine clinics.
What you'll learn:
- Exercise Physiology
- Techniques of Weight Training
- Applied Kinesiology
- Exercise for Special Populations
- Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Leadership
- Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
Become a Fitness Specialist
- Certificate of Proficiency, Fitness Specialist-Basic (Students generally take two semesters to complete.)
- Certificate of Proficiency, Fitness Specialist-Advanced (Students generally take two semesters to complete.)
- Fitness Specialist Certification - Advanced - CT
Career Center Counseling Appointment
Get help choosing your classes, developing your Student Education Plan (SEP), or polishing your resume
Get the specifics