Produce Your Future
You can see your next video or film big project, now learn the skills to bring to life with the Southwestern College Film, Television, and Media Arts Program. You'll learn a strong foundation in each technical aspect of film, video and TV production while learning the spirit of creating great media.
Learn More. Earn More.
Telemedia is the study of television, video, film, and related new media. It combines elements of the visual and performing arts with writing, speech, engineering, computer science, theory, history, technology, criticism, literature, law, psychology, sociology, and management in the production of visual and aural communications. Telemedia explores the broadening implications of producing media for new wider Internet and other distribution opportunities.
Below is a sample of the career options available for the telemedia major. Most of these require a certificate of achievement or an associate in arts degree, some require a bachelor’s degree, and a few require a graduate-level degree: possible career options include producer, director, art director, advertising agent, broadcaster, special effects technician, camera operator, studio manager, actor, scriptwriter, grip, high school or college instructor, performance artist, computer graphics artist, animator, editor, and communication manager.
A Look at TV, Film and Video
- Associate in Science Degree: Transfer Preparation: Film, Television, and Media Arts
- Associate in Arts Degree: Transfer Preparation: Telemedia
- Associate in Science Degree: Career/Technical: Telemedia Production Specialist
- Associate in Science Degree: Career/Technical: Telemedia Technology
- Certificate of Achievement: Telemedia Technology
- Certificates of Proficiency: Telemedia Production Specialist - Basic
- Certificates of Proficiency: Telemedia Production Specialist - Advanced
- Gainful Employment: Telemedia Technology - CT
Career Center Counseling Appointment
Get help choosing your classes, developing your Student Education Plan (SEP), or polishing your resume
Get the specifics