Once the ADN Program pre-requisites are completed, you may submit your application with the required documentation to Southwestern College Nursing Program in Room 4502 (if applying in person) or via U.S. Mail at 8100 Gigantic St, San Diego CA 92154. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to Southwestern College, Admissions and Records Department, 900 Otay Lakes Rd, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
Important notice: Students will be accepted based on a Multi-Criteria Points System. Preference for day or evening/weekend schedule will be given to students by highest ranking points. Students in the Nursing Program must be able to care for male or female patients across the life span and must be available to do clinical work Monday-Sunday, and any shift.
- 2018-19 ADN and Step Up applications will be accepted without the SEP. However, an SEP will need to be completed prior to acceptance into the program.
- Applications are still being reviewed. The email notification date has been delayed. It is anticipated all students will be notified by next week (week of May 6, 2019).
- Revised ADN application for 2019-2020 will be posted by late July 2019
- Revised Physical Exam and Immunization forms be posted by late July 2019
- Multi-Criteria Points System Grid (PDF)
- SWC Verification of Language Proficiency Form (PDF)
- Program Prerequisites (PDF)
Applications are due to the Nursing Department by the last business day in January of every year. The Nursing Program begins in August annually. If you are accepted elsewhere or choose not to attend the program, please e-mail the Nursing Department to cancel your application. Letters of acceptance are sent prior to the fall semester start date. Applicants who are accepted into the program may NOT defer acceptance but must reapply to the program.
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Prerequisites
|Human Anatomy||Biology 260||4 w/ lab||2.5||10 years|
|Physiology||Biology 261||4 w/ lab||2.5||7 years|
|Microbiology||Biology 265||4 w/ lab||2.5||7 years|
|Reading & Composition||
ADN 140 (preferrred)
Will also accept equivalent English coursework (ie ENGL 115)
|Intermediate Algebra||Math 60||4||2.5||None|
|Communication 103 or 174||Child Development 170 Psych 230|
|Psychology 101||TEAS Version 6: Passing score 62|