Step Up Prerequisites (PDF) and Other Requirements must be completed to apply for the program. Three science prerequisites must be completed with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher prior to applying. A multi-criteria point system is used for program admission.
|Human Anatomy||BIOL 260||4 w/ lab||10 years|
|Physiology||BIOL 261||4 w/ lab||7 years|
|Microbiology||BIOL 265||4 w/ lab||7 years|
|College Composition||ENGL 115||4||None|
|Intermediate Algebra||MATH 60||4||None|
- Communications 103 or 174
- Child Development 170 or Psych 230
- Psychology 101
- TEAS Version 6: Passing score 62
Eligibility for admission may be restricted by:
- Previous withdrawal from or unsatisfactory performance in a nursing course;
- Failure to pass a licensure exam in nursing;
- Any information that might be deemed to seriously limit an individual’s potential for success in nursing at the associate degree level.
The hospitals and health care agencies that provide sites for the clinical training experiences require a background check and drug screening prior to starting the nursing program. Instructions for completing the required background check will be provided at the time of acceptance into the program.
The Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) may refuse licensure to individuals who have been convicted of crimes and/or certain misdemeanors. If you have concerns about this, you may write the BRN directly at 1625 N. Market Blvd. Suite N-217, Sacramento, CA 95834-1924.