WebAdvisor is Retiring!
After 20 years of faithfully serving the students, staff, and faculty of Southwestern College, WebAdvisor is ready to hand over its responsibilities to the next generation of web systems! To learn about the timeline and milestones of this project, follow the button link below.
Coming Soon - New & Improved MySWC Portal
The Office of Institutional Technology will soon bring you a new and improved experience: MySWC Portal in the Cloud! Follow the button link below to learn more about this much needed upgrade and the enhancements we will all experience as a result.
If you ever forget your MySWC password, follow the instructions below to set a new one. You must have already created a MySWC account before you are able to use this feature.
Before You Start
- Make sure your personal email is accessible and you are able to check your messages now.
- Or, if you registered your mobile phone, have it with you and make sure text messaging is working.
- If you have not yet setup a MySWC account, you will not be able to use this feature.
MySWC Password Reset Video Tutorial
Watch the video or follow the directions below
- Go to sso.swccd.edu and click the "forgot password" link below the password field.
- Enter Your Username and click the "Continue" button
- A text message or email message containing a Verification Code will immediately be
sent to your registered mobile phone or personal email account. This code is only
valid for 10 minutes! If you need a new one resent, click the "resend" link below the box.
IMPORTANT: Check your junk/spam folder for the code if not found in your inbox, especially if you use Microsoft mail, like Hotmail, MSN, Live.com, Outlook.com.
- A text message or email message containing a Verification Code will immediately be sent to your registered mobile phone or personal email account. This code is only valid for 10 minutes! If you need a new one resent, click the "resend" link below the box.
- Enter the Verification Code that was sent to your phone or personal email and click the "Continue" button.
- Enter a New Password
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Maximum of 32 characters
- Must contain at least one uppercase letter
- Must contain at least one lowercase letter
- Must contain at least one number
- Cannot contain any part of your first name, last name, username, or SWC ID
- Special characters are okay to use
- Reenter the New Password and click the "Continue" button
- Once you see "Password Reset Successfully," click the "Continue" button.
- Done! You are now able to login with your new MySWC account password. From the MySWC Account Management page, be sure to view the list of SWC Secure Sites that use MySWC to verify your identity, as your new password will be used to login.
IMPORTANT: Immediately update your mobile devices with your new password! Otherwise, your account could get locked out for multiple "wrong password" attempts.