African-American Studies examines the truth and fiction regarding the African experience in the United States. This department explores the history, anthropology, sociology, psychology, economic, and political aspects of African Americans in the U.S. In addition, African-American Studies focus on the literary, musical, and artistic heritage of people of African descent leading to a heightening of self-awareness and cultural understanding for African-American students. This strengthens connections between students and the African community that can hasten social change and enhance human dignity. For questions, please call Front Desk at (619) 482-6419.
African-American Studies - Associate in Arts
- Program African-American Studies
- Award Type Associate in Arts
- Major Code 01700
- Field of Study Education, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Department Social & Cultural Studies
- School/Location School of Education, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences