Asian-American Studies examines the needs, conditions and contributions of Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, and Asian Indians to the United States. This department explores the hitherto neglected aspects of the social, political, economic, and cultural factors of Asians in America. In doing so, the program addresses common experiences of immigration, race relations, community development, traditional values, U.S. policies, and issues of adoption within a complex society. For questions, please call Front Desk at (619) 482-6419.
Asian-American Studies - Associate in Arts
- Program Asian-American Studies
- Award Type Associate in Arts
- Major Code 01202
- Field of Study Education, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Department Social & Cultural Studies
- School/Location School of Education, Humanities, Social & Behavioral Sciences