Whether you're a new college student or a working adult going back to school, the financial choices you make now can affect your life for decades. Fostering a culture of financial literacy on campus is key to supporting student success, so here at Southwestern College, we want to be sure you have access to the tools to help you make the best financial choices for yourself, your family, and your future.
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office, the National Endowment for Financial Education and Southwestern College proudly announce Cash Course, a free, online financial literacy tool. CashCourse provides the following:
- Free online financial education courses through instructor assignments or self-study
- Customizable financial tools such as worksheets, a Budget Wizard, quizzes and calculators
- A personal dashboard to track your progress
- Articles and resources on topics that students can relate to
- A guide to real-life money questions
- Cash Course is here to help students take control of their financial futures. No cost, no catch, no hidden agenda.
If you use this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how it worked for you!
Southwestern College has partnered with Major Smarts to create interactive, online financial literacy programs designed specifically for Southwestern College students. All resources are free to students and entirely online - take a look today!
- General Financial Literacy Workshop
- Budgeting for First Year Experience and Probationary Students
- Out of State Athletes
Get In Touch
Contact us if you need help or have questions.
Cesar Chavez Student Services Center, 1st Floor
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(working remotely during quarantine)
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 6:30pm
Friday - Sunday
Note: Closed on legal and campus holidays