Federal Work Study

Banner Photo of Financial Aid

Student Employment for Financial Aid Students

A Federal Work-study job lets you earn part of your college expenses. The purpose of the program is to promote part-time employment opportunities for students currently attending school. To participate in the Federal Work-study Program (FWS) you must receive an allocation for FWS as a part of your financial aid award. Once you are declared eligible for FWS funds, you must also be enrolled for a minimum of 6 units and may not work more than 20 hours per week.

The following are questions most frequently asked about the FWS program.

Frequently Ask Questions