Classes will be held face-to-face at Chula Vista, Higher Education Center National City or Otay Mesa, or Crown Cove Aquatic Center.
- Students will be required to meet the COVID restrictions and guidelines, which include vaccination status and mask mandates determined by the District.
Classes offered online: Either asynchronous (traditional) OR synchronous (live).
- Online: Traditional online class (asynchronous) with NO set meeting times; class activities, assignments, and assessments will be completed in Canvas.
- Hybrid: Instruction both asynchronously online and face-to-face on campus. Required face-to-face meetings are listed under meeting information for each course, and online instruction will utilize Canvas to complete assignments and/or other activities.
- Synchronous “Live” Online:
- Course meets live online for all class hours,
- Course meets live online for some class hours and asynchronously online for the remaining class hours. On average, a minimum of one live meeting per week is required,
- May require work, such as tests, quizzes, and homework, to be completed outside of class time.
Some instructors may require the use of the webcam (camera) for class participation and/or exams in Zoom. Please check with your instructor on the first day of class on when your webcam will be required.
Note: “Remote” classes have been changed post-pandemic to Synchronous “LIVE” Online.
Apply to SWC
If you haven't applied to Southwestern College yet, what are you waiting for?
- Academic Calendar
- Fees & Refunds
- Final Exam Schedule
- How to Apply & Register
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Parking Rules & Regulations
Schools, Services & Programs
- Programs & Academics
- Degrees & Certificates
- Student Services & Campus Resources
- Academic Success Center
- Counseling & Career Guidance
- Online Learning Center
- Transfer Center
5 Reasons to Choose Southwestern College
- Your local education connection – Multiple campuses throughout south county: Chula Vista, National City, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, as well as Crown Cove Aquatic Center.
- Guaranteed transfer to California State Universities with our Associate Degree for Transfer Program.
- Low fees - $46/unit, is the economical solution for higher education. Financial Aid is available.
- Free tutoring. Our on-campus tutoring center offers free tutoring to students.
- Short-term and online classes – SWC offers numerous online, hybrid, and short-term courses to fit the needs of the modern student.