Online -vs- Remote Classes
Traditional type of online class with NO set meeting times; learning is not live and class work is performed/submitted in Canvas by weekly deadlines.
New type of online class WITH set meeting times; the instructor has designated specific days and times when the class will meet remotely, such as in Zoom. Class work is typically submitted in Canvas.
Apply to SWC
If you haven't applied to Southwestern College yet, what are you waiting for?
- Academic Calendar
- Fees & Refunds
- Final Exam Schedule
- How to Apply & Register
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Parking Rules & Regulations
Schools, Services & Programs
- Programs & Academics
- Degrees & Certificates
- Student Services & Campus Resources
- Academic Success Center
- Counseling & Career Guidance
- Online Learning Center
- Transfer Center
5 Reasons to Choose Southwestern College
- Your local education connection – Multiple campuses throughout south county: Chula Vista, National City, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, as well as Crown Cove Aquatic Center.
- Guaranteed transfer to California State Universities with our Associate Degree for Transfer Program.
- Low fees - $46/unit, is the economical solution for higher education. Financial Aid is available.
- Free tutoring. Our on-campus tutoring center offers free tutoring to students.
- Short-term and online classes – SWC offers numerous online, hybrid, and short-term courses to fit the needs of the modern student.