Online -vs- Remote Classes
Traditional type of online class with NO set meeting times; learning is not live and class work is performed/submitted in Canvas by weekly deadlines.
Remote has three possibilities for instruction:
- Meets virtually for all hours posted in the schedule.
- Meets virtually for some of the hours posted in the schedule.
- Has no class meetings—all work is done online.
ALL methods of remote instruction may require work, such as tests, quizzes and homework,
to be done outside of class.
Your professor will email you at your SWC account at least two weeks before the start of class to let you know which of the three remote possibilities they will deliver instruction.
Apply to SWC
If you haven't applied to Southwestern College yet, what are you waiting for?
- Academic Calendar
- Fees & Refunds
- Final Exam Schedule
- How to Apply & Register
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Parking Rules & Regulations
Schools, Services & Programs
- Programs & Academics
- Degrees & Certificates
- Student Services & Campus Resources
- Academic Success Center
- Counseling & Career Guidance
- Online Learning Center
- Transfer Center
5 Reasons to Choose Southwestern College
- Your local education connection – Multiple campuses throughout south county: Chula Vista, National City, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, as well as Crown Cove Aquatic Center.
- Guaranteed transfer to California State Universities with our Associate Degree for Transfer Program.
- Low fees - $46/unit, is the economical solution for higher education. Financial Aid is available.
- Free tutoring. Our on-campus tutoring center offers free tutoring to students.
- Short-term and online classes – SWC offers numerous online, hybrid, and short-term courses to fit the needs of the modern student.