SUSTAINABLE ENERGY STUDIES
Introduces the student to the study of the growth of the human population and its effects on energy and climate demands with an emphasis on landscaping and the built environment. Studies the relationship between human biology and the environment as applied to building design. Emphasizes sustainable building design, passive energy strategies, and the application of appropriate heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. A hands on study of energy auditing methods of existing homes as they are now constructed, analysis of residential design and strategies for energy efficiency. Prepares the student to take the California H.E.R.S. level 1 certification exam.
Sustainable Energy Studies - Certificate of Achievement
- Program Sustainable Energy Studies
- Award Type Certificate of Achievement
- Major Code 02471
- Field of Study Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Department Applied Technologies
- School/Location School of Business & Technology
- Career Education Career Ed Info
Apply to SWC Register for Classes Apply for a Degree/Certificate
Points of Interest
Open the accordion rows below to reveal more information about Sustainable Energy Studies.