Steps to start the CalWORKs Program
- First Step: Your ETA/ECM may email or fax the CalWORKs program a referral form, you may bring the referral form with you to the CalWORKs office or the CalWORKs staff can verify your eligibilty. (NOTE: eligibility determination is required if your case ever becomes: discontinued, sanctioned, closed, or if you skip a semester).
- New and returning students are required to attend a CalWORKs Onboarding appointment with a CalWORKs counselor.
- Make an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor for an Individual Training Plan (ITP). This plan is required to obtain your supportive services, such as books, child care and transportation.
- Follow up with your County case worker to complete your Welfare-to-Work plan. This plan converts the hours listed on your ITP into participation hours approved by the County in order to receive supportive services.
Reminders for All Students
- Make an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor for assistance with academic planning. If you are unable to attend your appointment, we ask you notify the CalWORKs office at least 10 minutes in advance of your appointment time.
- Take advantage of enrollment priority, enroll in classes on your registration date and time and make your CalWORKs counseling appointment for the semester Individual Training Plan (ITP).
- Check your SWC email daily at MYSWC.
- Each month, attach your current WebAdvisor class schedule to your Monthly Attendance Verification Form and turn it in to your ETA/ECM. The monthly verification form is due to the County no latter than the 5th of each month.
- Re-apply for the California College Promise Grant online prior to each summer session.
- Apply or renew your FAFSA every year. The priority deadline is March 2.
- Comply with all parking regulations. A valid parking permit is required at all times while classes are in session. Campus Police cites any improper parking (area not designated, staff parking, meter parking and misuse of handicap parking).