COVID-19 Update: The Jag Kitchen is currently closed due to COVID-19. Resources are still available for students, including our Jag Kitchen ToGo Grocery distributions and Basic Needs Request form. Students can also visit SWC Cares Resources for a list of campus and community resources.
The SWC Child Development Center, Family Studies Department and Associated Student Organization (ASO) began the Jag Kitchen Food Pantry to assist students facing food insecurity. Now, a campus wide effort, the Jag Kitchen is a safe and judgment-free zone that can be used by currently enrolled SWC students needing assistance. Since the inception of the Jag Kitchen in the Chula Vista campus in 2016, Jag Kitchenettes were made in Higher Education Centers in San Ysidro and National City!
The Jag Kitchen is located in Room 53A-117 on the Chula Vista campus. Donations are accepted at the SWC Child Development Center Building 99 & Room 53A-117, year-round. While we do have a donation item list that our students are always in need of, monetary donations are also accepted and much appreciated.
- SWC Students with a valid SWC identification card.
- No eligibility forms or proof of income is necessary.
- Sign in with a Jag Kitchen volunteer.
- A satisfaction survey and SWC information will be sent to you via email.
Donation Item List
We are asking for donations of any of the items listed below. For any other questions please contact Patie M. Bartow at email@example.com or Family Studies Department (619) 421-6700 x5878. Donations can be made at the Jag Kitchen Room 53A-117 (Chula Vista Campus) or the SWC Child Development Center (Building 99).
Send via mail to:
Southwestern College Foundation
Attn: Jag Kitchen / Food Pantry
900 Otay Lakes Rd, Room 12-102D
Chula Vista, CA 91910
In the News
- Southwestern College Launches Jag Kitchen Food Pantry
- SDUT: College seeks to feed hungry students
- ABC 10: South Bay leaders meet to figure out how to feed thousands who are going without food
- CW6: Southwestern College takes action to end student hunger
- KBNT Univision News Segment on the Jag Kitchen
- Report Finds Many Students Battle Hunger
For more information on how you can volunteer or find help for a student:
Food Insecurity Planning Committee
|Patie M. Bartow||Director of Child Development Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(619)-216-6694|
|Jenny Sabas||Family Studies Adjunct Professor & Club Advisoremail@example.com||(619) 421-6700 x5878|
|Jorge Ivan Ortiz||ASO President||ASOPRES@swccd.edu|
|Mariana Silva-Gomez||ASO VP of Outreach||ASOVPO@swccd.edu|
Hours of Operation
|Breakfast Bar||Monday - Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.|
|Pantry||Monday||1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Get In Touch