COVID-19 Update: While the College operates in a hybrid format of in-person and remote/online services, the Jag Kitchen at the Chula Vista campus is currently closed due to COVID-19 concerns. Resources are still available for students, including our Jag Kitchen ToGo Grocery distributions and grocery store electronic gift cards. Students in need of support can complete the Basic Needs Request form. Students can also visit SWC Cares web page for a list of campus and community resources. Sign up for our next Jag Kichen ToGo Drive Thru distribution with the San Diego Food Bank on October 1st.
The SWC Child Development Center, Family Studies Department and Associated Student Organization (ASO) began the Jag Kitchen Food Pantry to assist students facing food insecurity. Now, a campus wide effort, the Jag Kitchen is a safe and judgment-free zone that can be used by currently enrolled SWC students needing assistance. Since the inception of the Jag Kitchen in the Chula Vista campus in 2016, Jag Kitchenettes were made in Higher Education Centers in San Ysidro and National City!
The Jag Kitchen is located in Room 53A-117 on the Chula Vista campus. While we do have a donation item list that our students are always in need of, monetary donations are also accepted and much appreciated.
- SWC Students with a valid SWC identification card.
- No eligibility forms or proof of income is necessary.
- Sign in with a Jag Kitchen volunteer.
- A satisfaction survey and SWC information will be sent to you via email.
Donation Item List
We are asking for donations of any of the items listed below. For any other questions please contact Trina Eros at email@example.com. Donations can be made at the Basic Needs office. (Building 16 on the Chula Vista Campus)
Send via mail to:
Southwestern College Foundation
Attn: Jag Kitchen / Food Pantry
900 Otay Lakes Rd, Room 12-102D
Chula Vista, CA 91910
In the News
- Southwestern College Launches Jag Kitchen Food Pantry
- SDUT: College seeks to feed hungry students
- ABC 10: South Bay leaders meet to figure out how to feed thousands who are going without food
- CW6: Southwestern College takes action to end student hunger
- KBNT Univision News Segment on the Jag Kitchen
- Report Finds Many Students Battle Hunger
Hours of Operation
|Breakfast Bar||Monday - Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.|
|Pantry||Monday||1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.|