Thanks to the generosity of the Bernard Osher Foundation, thousands of California Community College students, like you, may receive an Osher Scholarship as part of the California Community Colleges Scholarship Endowment. Mr. Osher’s vision is to “not only benefit the community college students of today, but countless more for years to come.”
The Bernard Osher Foundation Scholarship is offered every year at Southwestern College. Approximately $18,000 in scholarship funds are awarded each year and awards are based on student enrollment for the previous academic year. Annual awards can be as much as $1,100 each and are pro-rated, based on enrollment.
Awards will be adjusted based on enrolled status and is determined as follows:
- Full-time (12 or more units per term) = up to $550.00/semester
- Three-quarter-time (9 - 11.99 units per term) = up to $412.50/semester
- Half-time (6 - 8.99 units per term) = up to $275.00/semester
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have completed at least 24 or more "degree applicable" units, and
- Be enrolled at least half time (6 or more units) during all terms in which the award remains active, and
- Have received a California College Promise Grant (CCPG), and
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress, and
- Have demonstrated financial need.
Osher Scholarship Renewal
Students receiving Osher Scholarships who continue to meet the eligibility requirements above may be automatically renewed for subsequent academic year(s). Eligible students will not need to reapply for continued funding. However, awards may not exceed a cumulative award total of $3,000.
The application period for the 2020-21 Osher Scholarship is September 11, 2020 to
October 7, 2020.
Online Scholarship Application