Click HERE for career video provided to you by ACINET.Org
Conduct energy audits of buildings, building systems, or process systems. May also conduct investment grade audits of buildings or systems.
Sample of reported job titles: Energy Auditor, Energy Rater, Energy Consultant, Home Performance Consultant, Building Performance Consultant, Home Energy Rater
- Identify and prioritize energy saving measures.
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost savings.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
- Inspect or evaluate building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Perform tests such as blower-door tests to locate air leaks.
- Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances or the selection of energy efficient appliances.
- Calculate potential for energy savings.
- Prepare job specification sheets for home energy improvements, such as attic insulation, window retrofits, or heating system upgrades.
- Recommend energy efficient technologies or alternate energy sources.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for energy use or need.
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.