The Southwestern College Academic Senate is committed to ensuring the academic integrity of the institution and enhancing the role of the faculty in academic and professional matters.
Academic Senate Meetings
Academic Senate Regular Meeting
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Time: 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
Room: Lecture Hall 60-124
This semester, the Academic Senate will be meeting in person. We meet the second, third, and fourth Tuesday of the month from 11:45-1:00 pm typically in room 60-124. As a Brown Act meeting, Senators must be present in the room to vote on agenda items. We will be offering a zoom link for anyone who would like to view the meeting remotely. Those on zoom may ask questions when identified by the parliamentarian, but please remember that Senators must be in person to vote.
Link to Zoom for remote viewing:
Meeting ID: 840 5071 3946
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,84050713946#,,,,*95347075# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 444 9171 US
Facilitator: Jessica "Jetta" Posey, Ed.D., President of Academic Senate
Note Taker: Angela Arietti, Academic Senate Administrative Assistant and Caree Lesh, Academic Senate Communications and Research Officer/State Delegate
Please make sure to read the attached agenda items.
The Parliamentarian monitors and facilitates speakers by:
1. Maintaining list and order of speakers
2. Providing courtesy timer for speakers:
- 1 min. warning for items of 5-10 mins.
- 5 min. warning for items of 10 min. or more
- 1 min. warning at end
3. Assuring speakers are on topic of agenda item
4. Allowing first-time speakers to speak prior to those speaking a second time
In order to comply with The Brown Act (Open Meetings for Local Legislative Bodies), prior to conducting Senate business at every regular meeting, the Senate will honor three minutes of public comment on any item not on the day's agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Academic Senate. Debate on an item is not allowed during Public Comment. Persons wishing to speak during Public Comment must give their names and subject matter to the Academic Senate Parliamentarian at the beginning of each meeting. The chair respectively asks speakers to limit their comments to one minute.
Persons with disabilities who require this agenda and other meeting materials in an alternate format/media can make a request by email to
email@example.com or TTY (619) 482-6470 or Voice (619) 482-6436.
Southwestern College Academic Senate Mission Statement
"The Southwestern College Academic Senate is committed to ensuring the academic integrity of the institution and enhancing the role of the faculty in academic and professional matters."
1. Increase focus on Equitable Teaching and Learning through various means such as leading conversations, supporting faculty to develop curriculum and teaching methods, and supporting the creation and use of OER that benefits all students.
2. Increase support for Program Viability
3. Support continued faculty involvement for Jaguar Pathways implementation
4. Support and build capacity of diverse faculty for leadership roles in shared governance and Academic Senate.
Next Academic Senate Meeting: April 11, 2023
About Academic Senate
Get In Touch
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Monday - Friday
7:30am to 4:00pm
Administrative Secretary II
firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 482-6436 (619) 482-6486 fax