The Southwestern College Academic Senate is committed to ensuring the academic integrity of the institution and enhancing the role of the faculty in academic and professional matters.
Academic Senate Meetings
Academic Senate Regular Meeting--On Zoom
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Time: 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
Link to Zoom:
During COVID-19, we will be meeting on zoom. While the Brown Act has been relaxed by the Governor's orders, we will be attempting to comply under the circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
Facilitator: Jessica "Jetta" Posey, Ed.D., President of Academic Senate
Note Taker: Angela Arietti, Academic Senate Administrative Assistant and Caree Lesh, Academic Senate Communications and Research Officer/State Delegate
Please make sure to read the attached agenda items.
The Parliamentarian monitors and facilitates speakers by:
1. Maintaining list and order of speakers
2. Providing courtesy timer for speakers:
- 1 min. warning for items of 5-10 mins.
- 5 min. warning for items of 10 min. or more
- 1 min. warning at end
3. Assuring speakers are on topic of agenda item
4. Allowing first-time speakers to speak prior to those speaking a second time
In order to comply with The Brown Act (Open Meetings for Local Legislative Bodies), prior to conducting Senate business at every regular meeting, the Senate will honor three minutes of public comment on any item not on the day's agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Academic Senate. Debate on an item is not allowed during Public Comment. Persons wishing to speak during Public Comment must give their names and subject matter to the Academic Senate Parliamentarian at the beginning of each meeting. The chair respectively asks speakers to limit their comments to one minute.
Persons with disabilities who require this agenda and other meeting materials in an alternate format/media can make a request by email to
email@example.com or TTY (619) 482-6470 or Voice (619) 482-6436.
Southwestern College Academic Senate Mission Statement
"The Southwestern College Academic Senate is committed to ensuring the academic integrity of the institution and enhancing the role of the faculty in academic and professional matters."
1. Increase focus on Equitable Teaching and Learning through various means such as leading conversations, supporting faculty to develop curriculum and teaching methods, and supporting the creation and use of OER that benefits all students.
2. Increase support for Program Viability
3. Support continued faculty involvement for Jaguar Pathways implementation
4. Support and build capacity of diverse faculty for leadership roles in shared governance and Academic Senate.
Next Academic Senate Meeting: February 14, 2023