In 2015, Senate Bill 93 created this new grant program for CA Community College students. The purpose of this grant is to support student persistence, retention and success. It helps strengthen the value of Cal Grant B awards for the most disadvantaged students.
The priority deadline date is March 2nd.
Please refer to the “Cal Grant B” To apply section: http://www.swccd.edu/index.aspx?page=1081
The grant pays up to $500 per semester or $1000 per year.
- Be a California resident or an eligible AB540 student
- Be enrolled in 12+ full time units
- Be a Cal Grant B recipient
- Not have a bachelor's or professional degree
- Declared a vocational program (career/technical) major and enrolled in classes for the program
- Have remaining financial need
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent