The Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) is a community college financial aid program for Full Time Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C recipients enrolled in 12+ units. This grant becomes available for the 2018-19 academic year. The purpose of the SSCG grant is to provide students with additional financial aid to help offset the total cost of community college attendance, and to encourage full-time attendance and successful on-time completion.
Please refer to the “Cal Grant B” To apply section by following this link.
The grant pays up to $4000 Annually ** Please see disbursement descriptions below.
Disbursement Amounts per Semester:
- 12-14.99 units = $649
- 15+ units = $2,000
- Be a California resident or an eligible AB540 student
- Not have a bachelor's or professional degree
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Cal Grant B or C recipient that received a full-time Cal Grant payment
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 units or more)
- Must be meeting Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Must have unmet need to receive the SSCG
Please note: Students might be able to “make up” full time units during the following summer term.
In order to take advantage of this new grant please ADD all your units by our semester’s FREEZE DATES FA18 9/7/2018 and SP19 2/15/19
Get In Touch
Contact us if you need help or have questions.
Cesar Chavez Student Services Center, 1st Floor
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(working remotely during quarantine)
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 6:30pm
Friday - Sunday
Note: Closed on legal and campus holidays