The Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) is a community college financial aid program for Full Time Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C recipients enrolled in 12+ units. The purpose of the SSCG grant is to provide students with additional financial aid to help offset the total cost of community college attendance, and to encourage full-time attendance and successful on-time completion. SSCG funding is limited and the grant is subject to the availability of funds.
Please refer to the “Cal Grant B” To apply section by following this link.
The grant pays up to $4000 Annually
Disbursement Amounts per Semester:
- 12-14.99 units = $649
- 15+ units = $2,000
- Be a California resident or an eligible AB540 student
- Not have a bachelor's or professional degree
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Cal Grant B or C recipient that received a full-time Cal Grant payment
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 units or more)
- Must be meeting Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Must have unmet need to receive the SSCG
Please note: Students might be able to “make up” full time units during the following summer term.
In order to take advantage of this new grant please ADD all your units by the semester FREEZE DATE
Get In Touch
Contact us if you need help or have questions.
Cesar Chavez Student Services Center, 1st Floor
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(remote operations, in-person by appointment only)
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 6:30pm
8:00am - 3:00pm (remote operations only, no in-person staff)
Saturday and Sunday
Note: Closed on legal and campus holidays