Free Tuition Your First Year
If you are a recent high school graduate and meet the eligibility criteria below, you may qualify for free tuition for your first year at Southwestern College.
- Be a recent (2018 or 2019) high school graduate enrolling in college for the first time
- Enroll in at least 12 units each semester
- Maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application
- Complete the SWC Promise Application
- Not be eligible for a California College Promise Grant -CCPG. If you were already awarded a CCPG you will not be considered for the SWC Promise.
- Be a California resident or AB540 eligible
Application for the 2019-2020 academic year is now available.
If you cannot complete the online application, follow this link to print the paper application. This can be submitted at the Financial Aid office a the Cesar Chavez Center or at the Student Services Counter at the Higher Education Centers.
Support Services for Your Success
Southwestern College offers a variety of services, including child care, the Jag Kitchen food pantry, learning communities, such as First-Year Experience (FYE), Umoja, Bayan and Puente, and the PowerStudy Program, which embeds tutors in certain classes. You can find out more information at the SWC Cares webpage.