The Southwestern College Promise Program permits up to two years (excluding summer terms) of enrollment fees to be waived for eligible first-time college students. This program is funded by California State Assembly Bill 19/2 and has limited funding. SWC Promise is considered a "last dollar" fee waiver program. In the event a student is eligible for the enrollment fee waiver via the FAFSA or Dream Act application, students will be granted the appropriate award.
SWC Promise applications will be reviewed and considered on a first come, first serve basis, and is contingent on state allocation.
Free Tuition Your First Two Years
If you are enrolling in college for the first time and meet the eligibility criteria below, you may qualify for free tuition for your first two years at Southwestern College (Fall and Spring).
Southwestern College Promise Book Grant
Southwestern College Promise recipients who meet the unit requirement will receive a book grant. Students will receive $500 per semester. Funds will be disbursed via BankMobile by the end of October and by the end of March.
- Complete a FAFSA/Dream Act application for both the first and second year of program participation.
- Be a California resident or from an eligible exempt group (i.e. AB 540 or California military dependent).
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average for courses taken during the period of program participation.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 for-credit units in each fall and spring terms (unless eligible
DSPS accommodation). DSPS students enrolled in less than full time (12+ units) may
be eligible for the SWC Promise. IMPORTANT: student must provide documentation from
DSPS regarding enrollment level. All units need to be added by our Admissions Census
Freeze date for Fall 2022: September 16, 2022
Freeze date for Spring 2023: February 16, 2023
How to Apply
- Apply to SWC via CCCApply from the Apply & Register page.
- Complete a FAFSA or DREAM Act application (SCHOOL CODE 001294)
Visit the Apply for Financial Aid page to learn more.
- Complete SWC Promise Application (click the red button below)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 for-credit units for the fall term
(MUST HAVE SWC STUDENT ID to access) If you cannot get into the application link, you will need to completely logout of Google and then open the form link to login with MySWC.
Support Services for Your Success
Southwestern College offers a variety of services, including child care, the Jag Kitchen food pantry, learning communities, such as First-Year Experience (FYE), Umoja, Bayan and Puente, and the PowerStudy Program, which embeds tutors in certain classes. You can find out more information at the SWC Cares webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Get In Touch
Contact us if you need help or have questions.
Cesar Chavez Student Services Center, 1st Floor
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 6:30pm
Monday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 6:30pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Thursday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Friday - Sunday
Note: Closed on legal and campus holidays