It helps to talk with someone and get support when things seem overwhelming. These offices on campus considered safe spaces.
- EDI Office, Room 101, 619 482-6544
- Counseling Services Cesar Chavez Building, Second Floor at One Stop, (619) 421-6700 x5279
- BOG Fee Waiver Information – Kathy Abara, email: email@example.com
- Dreamer Application/Cal Grant Information – Claudia Gaitan, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDEAS Club, Advisor, Leticia Diaz email: Ldiaz@swccd.edu
- IME Becas Program: The Southwestern College IME-Becas Adelante Estudiante program serves AB540 Mexican-American or of Mexican origin students. The goal is to increase awareness of campus resources and familiarize students with the culture of higher education. Students receive additional support through workshops and seminars revolving around topics such as exploring their identity of Mexican descent, social justice, diversity, leadership, and fostering healthy relationships. Students successfully completing this program earn a scholarship to finance their studies.
Visit our California Dream Act webpage to get the latest information on financial support for DREAMERS, AB540 and DACA changes, Dream act applications, and scholarships for undocumented student.
If you have questions regarding whether or not you qualify for AB540 status, please go to the Admissions office or visit the AB540 webpage. If you are already an AB540 student and have questions about your California Dream Act Application or eligibility, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Cal Grant Information – Claudia Gaitan, email: email@example.com
Did you know there is an ASO club for AB540 students? It's called IDEAS @ SWC (Improving Dreams, Equity, Access and Success). You can check it out on Facebook (Ideas at SWC) or contact club advisor Javier Madrigal at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.