Students who've experienced life in a foster home or group home often need extra support and resources to ensure they succeed in college. Here you'll learn about the many ways Southwestern College can help you thrive from the day you start your academic career until you earn your degree.
Foster Youth and Former Foster Youth (FY/FFY) students attending SWC can receive:
- Priority registration - enroll early to get the classes you need
- Chafee Grant - grants for qualified Foster Youth/Former Foster Youth students for up to $5000 per year
- Guardian Scholars Program - personalized academic counseling, funds for books, transportation, and/or meal cards
- Foster Youth Success Initiative - state program to support student success, completion and transfer
- Dedicated support from a team of professionals dedicated to serving Foster Youth/Former Foster Youth students
Expand the sections below for more information on these great benefits.