Workers' Compensation

In Case of a Workplace Injury/Illness

  • Life-threating injury or illness
    Call College Police or call 911.
  • Minor injuries (minor cuts, scratches, scrapes)
    First Aid kits are maintained by the Risk Management department. The kits can be found throughout the campus: Library, Academic Success Center, College complex areas (200, 300, 400 etc.), Cesar Chavez building, Maintenance Shop, 590 Automotive Tool Room, CDC, Student Union kitchen, Carpenter Shop, 1600 lounge, Aquatics work out center and grounds area.
  • Non-life threatening injury or illness
    Contact your supervisor and report the incident promptly. If the employee requires treatment, the worker will be referred to the designated occupational health medical facility - Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Centers (PDF)

Reporting an Injury/Illness

Human Resources Contact

Ruby Ayala
Workers’ Compensation Analyst
(619) 216-6630
(619) 216-6705 fax

Notice to Employees (PDF)

OSHA Notice (PDF)