Actively employed staff/faculty members can request access to Office 365. Access includes online versions of popular apps, like Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to download them to your personal computers/devices. Keep reading for more information and instructions.
Students, if you'd like access to Office 365, visit the Office 365 for Students page for more information.
Staff & Faculty Guidelines
IMPORTANT! By using Office 365 offered by Southwestern Community College District, you agree to you agree to abide by 3720 AP (Computer & Network Acceptable Use Policy).
About Office 365
After requesting and receiving Office 365 access (see "Requesting Office 365 Access" below), you'll be able to use these apps and features:
- Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote
- Desktop versions of Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs
- Office apps on up to 5 tablets and 5 phones
- Microsoft Teams, a digital hub that integrates the conversations, content, and apps your school needs to be more collaborative and engaged
- Class and Staff notebooks
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) groups
- Self-grading quizzes with Forms
- Digital storytelling with Sway
- Compliance solutions with a unified eDiscovery center
- Plan schedules and daily tasks with Microsoft Teams
- Unlimited personal cloud storage (OneDrive)
- HD video conferencing
- Host meetings for up to 10,000 people with Microsoft Teams live events
- Let parents or guardians and students schedule appointments with faculty online using Microsoft Bookings
Requesting Office 365 Access
Access to Office 365 is not automatic - you must request it to receive it! If you're Staff/Faculty, please follow the steps below to request access to Office 365:
- Request access by completing the automated Office 365 for Staff & Faculty Request Form on ServiceNow (MySWC Login Required)
- Within 24 hours, Microsoft will process your request and provide you with access to Office 365
Students, if you'd like to request access to Office 365, visit the Office 365 for Students page for instructions.
Accessing Office 365
After "Requesting Office 365 Access" (see above) and waiting 24-48 hours, you will be able to sign-in to the online and downloadable versions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and more!
- Enter your @swccd.edu email address when asked to sign in
- Select "work or school account" if you are asked
- Enter your MySWC password
To sign-in to an Office 365 app that you've downloaded to your device, follow the same three steps above. Please note, it will also take 24-48 hours after "Requesting Office 365 Access" (see above) before you are able to sign-in to the downloadable apps.
Downloading Office 365 Apps
If the cloud version of Office 365 isn't working out for you and you'd like to download and install apps like Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint on your personal computers/devices, follow the instructions below:
- After requesting and receiving Office 365 access (see "Requesting Office 365 Access" above), launch the "Office 365" app (see "Accessing Office 365" above) and select the "Install Office" drop-down menu from your Office 365 landing page
- Select the "Office 365 apps" option to begin the installer download
- Once downloaded, launch the installer app and select the apps and options you want
- Once you select the apps and options you want, you'll be able to use the apps on up to 5 personal computers/devices (mobile apps are available for iOS and Android)
- To sign-in to an Office 365 app, follow the instructions in the "Accessing Office 365" section above.
If you get stuck, be sure to take a look at the Office 365 Help and FAQs below.
Office 365 Help
Online help is available on the Microsoft Office 365 support site. 24/7 help is available by selecting the Question Mark (?) at the top, right corner of your Office 365 landing page.
The external websites below provide great information and tutorials related to Office 365:
Office 365 FAQs
Below are some common questions and answers pertaining to Office 365:
Microsoft Home Use Program
Through Southwestern College, current staff and faculty are eligible to use the Microsoft Home Use Program to score great prices on Microsoft 365 for their non-work needs.
Important Note: Students are not eligible for this program. However, discounted student software can be purchased via OnTheHub.